A yard requires proper maintenance practices for it to be a pleasure to look at. You don’t want to wake up in the morning, have a cup of coffee sitting in a poorly-maintained and ugly yard littered with insects and pests. You want a yard that is regularly-cut, looks fresh, and most importantly, doesn’t have insects. If you’re looking to do all this, the very first thing you need is a proper lawnmower, especially if you’re an amateur in garden care.
To help with the process of buying one easier, here is a list of the best self-propelled electric start lawn mowers from the most reliable brands.
oneinmil Self Propelled Lawn Mower with Electric Start - RV175D 173.9cc Gas 21". 4-in-1 Rear Wheel Drive Self Propel &...
- 【Powerful Rear Wheel Drive Self Propel】The self-propel rear-wheel drive system makes mowing easy by moving the mower forward for you, variable-speed provides better maneuverability when mowing in tight spaces
The Oneinmil self-propelled lawnmower with electric start makes cutting grass easy and less time-consuming. It has an OHV 173.9 CC gas-powered engine. Starting the mower is just a click away. You don’t need to pull on anything making it extremely convenient. What makes it easier to use would be the eight different cutting heights that you can adjust to. They start from 0.98 inches and go all the way to 2.95 inches with the utmost level precision. Moreover, the powerful engine lets you trim your grass in one quick sweep.
The best feature would be the dual purpose functionality of the RV175D. With a side discharge and mulching capabilities make it a great mower for all your gardening needs.
- 77.2 lbs. weight
- 0.5 liters oil capacity
- RV175D engine model
- 7 inches front and 10 inches rear wheel diameter, and a width of 1.97 inches
- 62 liters catcher volume
- 21 inches cutting steel deck
- Variable speed control
- 173.9cc gas-powered engine
- 12 months fabrication faults warranty, for domestic mowers, three months warranty for commercial mowers
- Height adjustments of up to 8 positions
- Variable speeds enhance maneuverability
- The self-propeller can get slow
EGO 21 in.56 Lithium-Ion Cordless Lawnmower
The 21-inch lawnmower is sturdy and lightweight, which makes it suitable for mowing large yards. Its large, plastic wheels, enhances its stability during operation. It has a 21-inch cutting blade width, making it easier to maneuver even in the bumpiest lawns. Another unique feature of this lawn mower is that it has headlights. This pretty much completely eliminates the possibility of you having a time limit on your head. You can use it early in the morning or evenings, without having to worry about darkness.
The mower is built of durable plastic material. EGO hasn’t just made its product reliable, but the plastic build also makes it extremely lightweight which is just a plus. In terms of battery, we like this mower a lot. It takes only 40 minutes to fully charge the battery, and once it’s full, you’ll get an hour of runtime from the battery.
- 21 inches deck
- LED headlights
- 3-in-1 system
- Compact storage
- 1.5 inches minimum cutting height
- 4 inches maximum cutting height
- It has headlights, not limited to day use
- Easy to set up and operate
- Will only start when the handle is extended fully
- Has a small grass collection bag
Previously, the Honda mower had a GCV160 engine which was pretty good in its own regard. But, Honda recently upgraded to a GCV170. This means 10% extra power on the new model and along with that, you’re getting a 3-in-1 multipurpose device with a bag, mulcher, and discharge features.
The adjustable speed control allows a user to set the speed to their preferred pace. The speed can be adjusted from 0-4 mph.it has a dual- height adjustment; you don’t need to adjust cutting height on each wheel. Instead, you only need to adjust two wheels, on the same side. It has a Roto-stop feature, which makes it possible to stop the blades, while the engine is still running.
The Honda GCV170 has an ergonomic design, which sets it apart from other lawnmowers. It also comes with a spacious collection bag that is well balanced to make emptying easy. Its handles are easily foldable and can be adjusted to two different positions. When storing or transporting the lawnmower, one can shut the manual fuel vale, for safety purposes.
- three in one system
- GCV170 engine
- Adjustable speed control
- 1.9-bushel bag capacity
- micro cut twin blades
- 166 cc engine displacement
- 4-stroke engine
- Auto choke system
- Easy to start
- Adjustable speed
- Easy initial setup
- You may have to tighten the wheels before the first usage
- Small-sized tires
Lawn boy 17734
Lawn-Boy 17734 21-Inch 6.5 Gross Torque Kohler Electric Start XTX OHV, 3-in-1 Discharge Self Propelled Lawn Mower
- Electric start is the easiest way to start your mower; just turn the key and mow
- 2-Point Height-of-Cut System allows you to quickly adjust cutting heights from one side of the mower
- 3 year Tru-Start Commitment - starts with 1 or 2 pulls or Lawn-Boy will fix it for free
When it comes to ease-of-use, there’s no product out there that beats the lawn boy. The easy to operate gas-powered mower has an electric start which makes it really convenient.
Just like any decent lawnmower, the Lawn Boy also has an adjustable cut height, starting from 1.25 inches to 3.75 inches. Due to its four-stroke engine, you won’t have to use a combination of fuel and oil. It is easy to control the speed of this lawnmower, using the engine and self-propel bars to customize your mowing height.
It is strong enough to maneuver through flat, hilly, and sloppy regions. The machine has an engine noise restriction feature, which makes it quieter than most gas-powered lawnmowers. Its three in one system enables it to cut grass, mulch it and put it in a collection bag. The bag is spacious enough, with a capacity of 18. Gallons.
A huge selling point of the lawnmower is the sharp, 21-inch blade allowing the Lawn Boy to cut grass and other weeds more precisely. You can either collect the mulched grass in a bag or spread it across your lawn.
- 149 cc Kohler XTX OHV engine
- 7 inches front and 8 inches rear wheel size
- CARB compliant
- 4-stroke engine
- 21-inch steel deck
- 2-point height of cut
- 3 in 1 system
- adjustable cut heights( minimum 1.25 inches, maximum 3.75 inches)
- try-cut system
- Large collection bag which reduces the frequency of emptying
- Low emission
- Adjustable wheels
- Two-year warranty and three-year Tru-start warranty
- No need for oil change
- Doesn’t have a stripe roller
- Emits smelly fumes, just like other gas-powered mowers
- Not suitable for mowing wet grass