The best leaf blower will not just be great for keeping your driveway, patio, and outdoor walkways free from leaves and other debris. It will also be easy to handle, quick and efficient in operation, and safe for the environment. We’ve reviewed the top-rated products on the market to help you find a product that will make your life easier. Check out our list of recommendations below.
What is a Push Leaf Blower?
Push leaf blowers, or walk behind blowers are blowing devices intended to be pushed & pulled by the user for larger scale yard work. An engine that sits on a tri-wheeled chassis, push blowers allow for more air volume across larger surfaces allowing for greater engine displacement when stacked up against their hand-held blower counterparts. Push blowers offer the most power and suitable for professional landscapers and amateur yard enthusiasts alike.
Check out our top picks to purchase below, or continue reading to learn about why these blowers earned their spot on our Best Push Blower list.
Merry Mac Walk-Behind Leaf & Debris Blower
If you’re looking for a great way to clear leaves and debris from your lawn, you’ll find all of the solutions you need in Merry Mac’s line of walk-behind blowers. These powerful units are designed to make it easy for you to clear away leaves and other yard waste quickly and efficiently.
This Merry Mac Walk-Behind Leaf & Debris Blower is ideal for large properties and commercial use, generating wind speeds up to 200 MPH and airflow up to 2,000 CFM (max.). The powerful 305cc Briggs & Stratton engine features an electric start, so there’s no pulling required. Equipped with a 3-position hitch, this machine can be used as a blower or vacuum while being towed behind your lawn tractor (not included). An optional walk-behind wheel kit (Item
Features + Benefits
- 305cc Briggs & Stratton engine with electronic ignition for reliable starting.
- 20in. dia. fan with a large-diameter steel impeller increases airflow.
- The cruise control setting allows the operator to maintain a constant speed without holding the trigger or throttle lever.
- The engine oil fill tube on the side of the blower housing allows easy access for filling and checking the engine oil level.
- Great for larger surface jobs
- Can be towed behind lawn tractors
- It could have more power, but the price is right.
- A little too loud.
- Not a good choice if you have large properties to maintain.
Super handy Leaf-SNOW Blower
Super Handy Leaf-SNOW Blower is perfect for any project! Where other machines are limited to wet, heavy leaves or clumpy snow that won’t budget, this machine simply takes it all on. The powerful engine provides maximum power and torque while remaining fuel-efficient. The directional chute has a turning radius of 200° to quickly and easily blow debris in any direction desired. The built-in wheels provide easy transportation with minimal effort, and the compact design allows for easy storage.
- WALK-BEHIND: The unit is equipped with Two 9″ x 3″ Wheels for easy maneuverability in all outdoor conditions; Ideal for Snow Removal, Fire Prevention, Cleaning up Leaves, Grass, and Debris
- ADJUSTABLE CHUTE: 180° Directional Chute Adjustor allows you to control the direction of the Snow/Leaves/Grass/Debris being dispensed away from your path; Adjustable Deflector discharges air downward for easy blowing in any conditions
- START & STOP: The unit is equipped with a Recoil Pull Start for easy use and comes with an ON/OFF Switch Safety Key to prevent accidental starting; It Has a Fuel Tank Capacity of 0.85 Gallons & Oil Capacity of 16oz.
- Very powerful
- Easy to assemble, took less than 15 minutes.
- Great quality!.
- Ergonomic and easy to move around. It’s light enough to push with one hand while holding the tube with the other.
- It comes with a spark plug wrench and funnels for filling gas, which is nice.
- It has good safety features like a lock-off throttle lever, stop switch, and dead man trigger on the tube.
- It didn’t come with any instructions, but it is fairly simple to figure out without them.
Southland Leaf Blower
Leaf Blower Gas Powered Walk Behind Wheeled Push Leaf Sweeper Blower is ideal for clearing leaves and debris from your yard, driveway, and other areas around your house. The Leaf Blower features an Adjustable Handle with Adjustable Deflector and Width and a 36″ Intake Height for greater versatility and ease of use. The Manual Propelled, Single Speed Unit offers a 15-Gallon Collection Bag and Vacuum Function, great for cleaning up around the house after cutting your lawn or garden. The Portable Leaf Blower is constructed of sturdy steel with a 2 Year Limited Consumer Warranty. Go Green with super handy!
- Engine: Advanced design 7HP 212cc 4 stroke OHV engine delivers maximum performance for clearing debris and snow.
- Start: Recoil pulls start for easy & reliable starting.
- Wheels: 8-inch x 3 inch wide inflatable tires on the front and 10-inch x 3.5 inch wide inflatable tires on the back provide excellent traction and durability in all terrains.
- Frame: Durable solid steel rod frame & handle for easy maneuverability and control.
- Speed: Single speed controlling lever for easy operation.
- Chute: Easy to use 2-piece chute control with 180 degrees turning radius for better mobility of snow throw direction.
- It starts and runs very well. Not a lot of vibration.
- Good power.
- Easily blows/sweeps wet leaves out of a yard or sidewalk.
- The wheeled blower helps you move it around easily. It is a bit heavy, but the wheels help if you don’t want to pick it up and carry it around.
- A long chute allows you to direct the air where you want it to go if you wish to do so with longer leaves or debris (not short grass clippings).
- Easy to empty the bagging hopper when needed (or just leave it off if you do not need it).
BravePro High-Output Walk-Behind Blower
This BravePro High-Output Walk-Behind Blower features a heavy-duty, 270cc Subaru commercial engine with high power and torque for the most demanding jobs. The dual-stage fan design maximizes air output and efficiency. It’s ideal for blowing off decks, sidewalks, driveways, and parking lots.
- Powerful 270cc OHV engine with electric start and recoil backup (battery included).
- Large 11-cu.-ft. A capacity collector bag with a large zipper holds up to 1,100 lbs. of material.
- Air velocity reaches up to 180 MPH and air volume at over 10,000 CFM.
- An adjustable handlebar helps you find your ideal working position.
- Powerful, efficient, and well-balanced leaf blower.
- Easy to start, easy to use, easy to adjust.
- The heavy-duty construction of durable materials.
- Well maintained for optimal performance and reliability.
- Requires regular maintenance and occasional repairs.
- Requires a lot of storage space.
Merry Mac Walk-Behind Leaf and Debris Blower
The Merry Mac Walk-Behind Leaf and Debris Blower is a powerful machine that can easily blow leaves and other yard debris. The powerful 205cc engine offers 160 MPH/1000 CFM performance, while the offset nozzle provides extra reach under shrubs, decks, and tight areas.
Throttle control allows you to adjust the speed to suit the task. Load-and-go trimmer head has two lines for cutting through tough weeds, grass, and brush.
- Easy-start system for effortless starting.
- Deluxe handlebar with rubberized grips for operator comfort.
- The adjustable height handlebar fits almost any user.
- Ball-bearing wheels with pneumatic tires provide excellent maneuverability on most surfaces.
- Quickly and cleanly blows grass clippings, leaves, twigs, and other lawn debris from sidewalks, driveways, decks, patios, and more
- Powerful 205cc Briggs & Stratton engine for years of dependable use
- 160 MPH/800 CFM blow force to clear hard-to-move piles with ease
- A high-speed impeller reduces blow force when blowing around fragile items.
- A heavy-duty steel frame with a pull handle provides easy portability.
- Variable speed throttle allows you to adjust the airspeed to fit the project.
- The easy-start mechanism lets you get started on your next project.
Landworks Leaf-Snow Blower
This blower has a powerful stroke engine, which can blow leaves and snow up to 200 mph. This product is perfect for yards, driveways, decks, and sidewalks. It can take care of leaves, snow, and other debris such as twigs and grass. It weighs only 55 lbs., so it’s light enough to be carried around easily but still heavy enough to keep it from tipping over when you’re blowing things around. This leaf blower is easy to assemble. Just attach the chute, and you’ll be ready to blast away leaves and snow in no time!
- 7HP 4 Stroke OHV Engine Motor.
- 200 MPH / 2000 CFM Wind Force Output.
- Manual Propelled Wheels: 8″ Diameter x 1.25″ Width.
- Deluxe Handle for Comfort & Control w/ Variable Speed Trigger & Lock-On Button.
- Clog Resistant Impeller & Large Intake Hopper (12″ x 14″) with Overmold Cushion Grip.
- It’s incredibly easy to use. The handle and trigger are very ergonomically friendly, and the wheels make it easier to move from place to place.
- The 7HP motor makes it one of the most powerful blowers I’ve used, which means it can easily remove even wet or heavy leaves.
- It’s lightweight enough that even a child can operate it without too much trouble.
- Because of how fast the wind blows, you will get some blowback if you’re not careful. You’ll want to wear safety goggles while using this device if you don’t want dirt blown into your eyes.
- The fuel tank is a little small, so you may need to refill it before finishing an especially big job, but this isn’t too big of an issue for me.
Best for Small Yards
Merry Mac 4-in-1 Leafcycler and Blower
The Merry Mac 4-in-1 Leafcycler and Blower makes yard maintenance easier than ever. This versatile unit is equipped with a powerful 205cc Briggs & Stratton engine to deliver 1,550 CFM of clearing power. The eight. Wheels and ergonomic design make maneuver around your property easy.
Features + Benefits
- 205cc Briggs & Stratton engine produces 1,550 CFM at maximum volume
- Ergonomic feature set improves ease of use — support bar, comfort grip handles, and simple controls.
- Heavy-duty impeller mulches leave into nutrient-rich mulch that can be returned to the soil.
- 8in. Wheels provide excellent maneuverability in all conditions.
- A large capacity bag holds up to 2 bushels of leaves.
- Hose connection allows you to use the blower as a vacuum or gutter cleaner.
- Two-handle positions — low for storage and high for transport.
- Powerful vacuum/chipper.
- Mulches leave well.
- The blower works well.
- The vacuum discharges out of the chute when the bag is removed.
- The bag collects dust, dirt, and gravel along with the leaves.
- Chipper only accepts twigs less than 1/2″ in diameter.
Best for Large Yards
Troy-Bilt Jet Sweep Wheeled Leaf Blower
The gas-powered Troy-Bilt TB672 208cc Jet Sweep Wheeled Leaf Blower is an all-in-one leaf mover, perfect for clearing driveways, sidewalks, patios, and large yards of leaves and debris. It features a convenient self-propelled drive system and a powerful engine that delivers air speeds up to 210 mph and clearing power up to 3,100 cfm. The Troy-Bilt TB672 208cc Jet Sweep Wheeled Leaf Blower is designed with a compact frame that’s easy to operate and maneuver.
- 208cc Troy-Bilt OHV engine.
- Large 14” x 1.8” semi-pneumatic tires provide excellent traction while clearing debris.
- Jet Sweep nozzle directs air up to a distance of 60 feet.
- 24” wide air stream clears debris quickly.
- Easy to use.
- Does not require raking.
- Easy to use.
- Does not require raking.
Sun Joe 3-in-1 Walk-Behind Electric Blower Vacuum & Mulcher
The Sun Joe 600-CFM corded blower features a 14 Amp motor for powering through leaves and debris at up to 165 MPH. Its versatile design allows for various applications, including blowing, vacuuming, or mulching, making quick work of your leaves, dirt and debris.
- Powerful 14-amp motor provides maximum suction
- Blower generates air speeds up to 165 MPH (max)
- Built-in cord retainer keeps extension in place and plugged in for uninterrupted use.
- Generates maximum air volume of 600 CFM
- High-impact resistant impeller mulches leaves up to 1/15th their original size
- Walk behind design makes outdoor cleanup a breeze
- Doesn’t disturb neighbors as much as gas blowers. The lack of a loud motor does make it easier on the ears if you have neighbors nearby who are sensitive to noise.
- Not good for big jobs. If you have a large yard or acreage with lots of leaves, this probably isn’t the blower for you unless using additional extension cords.
- Collection bag durability could be improved.
If you have already decided to purchase a push blower or plan on purchasing one in the future, there are many factors to consider.
These include the size and weight of a blower, what horsepower/torque your mower has, whether or not it has wet clutches, air leaks, and other small things that can go wrong or prevent the blower from working properly. With all this being said, we hope that we have helped you sort through all the options out there for your need. To have an understanding of how they work, check the video here.
Check out this video to see these push blowers leaf clearing action: