Whichever Bad Boy mower you have, it comes with blades designed to work best with your specific machine. If you’re looking for something a little different than what came with your mower, we’ve got a great selection of aftermarket blades for all sorts of Bad Boy mowers.
Here are the things to keep in mind when choosing new replacement blades for your Bad Boy mower:
Bad Boy Blade Compatibility – What kind of mower do you have?
First, you want to make sure that the blades you choose are designed to work with your specific model of Bad Boy mower. When comparing blades, note that some models are compatible with multiple models.
The most common choice is a high-lift blade, which is ideal for lifting grass clippings into your mower’s deck so they can be discharged out the chute or processed into mulch. Some models work better with a low-lift blade, though — this design gives grass less lift and keeps it flatter on the ground as it is cut.
You can also choose gator blades, which combine high lift and low lift characteristics. They have small teeth on the back edge to help lift grass and leave it flat on the ground as it is cut. Gator blades are ideal for your lawn to look manicured, but they aren’t good at mulching clippings.
The two most common blade cuts are Standard length and Mulching length. Standard length blades are best for general use, while mulching blades chop up grass clippings more finely, so they don’t sit on the lawn and break down faster. Some of the newer Bad Boys have a third option called a Fusion blade, which works as a standard and mulching blade.
The next thing to consider is blade size. Measure from the top of one cutting edge to the tip of the other and choose a new blade that matches that dimension exactly. You might need to measure more than once if you have multiple blades. It’s not unusual for these measurements to vary by a small amount, so take an average.
Maintaining a consistent blade gauge or thickness will help you achieve a cleaner cut and maintain a level deck height. Measure the thickness of your current blades with a micrometer and choose replacements of equal gauge.
Center hole diameter
Look at the hole in the center of your blade and make sure it’s the same as the one on your replacement blade. If you’re not sure what size this is, you can check with a tape measure or even trace around the hole onto a piece of paper and compare it to a ruler or tape measure, drawing circles on paper until you find one that matches up with the diameter.
Best blades for Bad Boy mower
Fusion 60″ Blades
Fusion Blades are the best lawn mower blades for bad boy. The Fusion blade has a higher airlift and special curve to help pull the grass up into the mower’s deck when mulching or using a bagger unit. Also, the Fusion blade is engineered to be a better mulching blade, with a sharper and longer cutting edge than the standard high-lift.
- The blade teeth stay sharp up to 10 times longer than standard blades.
- The blade’s innovative tooth design produces a cleaner cut.
- The blade stays cooler, reducing heat buildup and friction.
- The blade’s advanced polymer coating prevents snow and ice buildup.
- The blade is engineered to reduce vibration and noise.
Q-Claw 60″ blades
Bad Boy Zero Turn Mower Blades
You get a very professional cut with these blades, and they are rated at 25% more cutting power than the OEM blades. They are made of a high lift air-lift blade design, which is a more efficient way of cutting grass. This means it will lift the clippings better and cut more efficiently.
- For residential and commercial use.
- Made from High-quality Steel.
- Blades are heat-treated for long-lasting performance.
- Blades provide exceptional cutting performance and uniformity.
Max Power 60″ blades
MAX POWER 561152B Blade Set for 60” Cut Exmark and Bad Boy Mowers
The MaxPower 561152B Blade Set for 60” Cut Exmark and Bad Boy Mowers include two high-lift blades for a 60-inch cut Exmark and Bad Boy mowers. The set is made of heavy-duty steel that ensures durability. This replacement blade set makes mower maintenance easy and convenient.
- Perfect fit and easy replacement for 60″ cut Exmark and Bad Boy Mowers
- Factory balanced to ensure smooth operation at high RPMs.
- Precision ground for precise balance, which results in a cleaner cut.
- Blades are heat treated to resist wear and maintain cutting-edge hardness.
- The package includes (3) blades for 60″ cut Exmark and Bad Boy Mowers.
Bad boy Mz fusion blades 42 inches
The Bad Boy MZ Fusion Blades, 42 in., Pack of 3 replace the blades used by 42-in. mowers. These high-quality replacement blades are made to last and are easy to install.
- Blades measure 18 in. long and 2 1/2 in. wide
- Fits Bad Boy mowers with 42-in. cutting decks, including the MZ Magnum, MZ42, MZ4225KH, and CZT Elite
- Easy to install
Fusion blades 48-in
The Fusion Blades 48″ is an innovative walk-behind mower blade that features a blade within a blade. This design allows the outer blade to clear away grass clippings and debris, and the inner blade delivers a clean cut on the first pass. This is especially useful when cutting in reverse, proven to be 50% more effective than mowing forward.
- It cuts up to 50% faster than traditional blades for increased efficiency.
- It saves time, energy, and fuel costs.
- Blades-within-a-blade design delivers a clean cut on the first pass, even when mowing in reverse.
- Replaceable spacer prevents grass buildup between blades.
- It fits many common 48″ walk-behind mowers.
Maxpower 3 blade set mowers – 54 inch
The MaxPower 561149B blade set includes three (3) mulching blades for Bad Boy Mowers with a 54 in. cut. The blades are alloy steel and high carbon content for durability and long life.
- Cuts, grass, and mulches leave with ease.
- For use with many 54 in. cut Bad Boy Mowers.
- Three-blade set replaces OEM 038-0005-00
- Made of high-quality materials for durability
- Includes three blades
Fusion Blades™ is a breakthrough in blade design and performance. These blades are made from high-carbon boron steel, known for its exceptional strength and ability to hold an edge. Fusion Blades™ are engineered with a unique dual-bevel design that creates low-friction contact points along the entire length of the cutting edge. This results in a cleaner cut and reduced grass clippings! This unique lawnmower blade’s unique “twist and curl” action is specifically designed to lift, cut, and mulch grass better than conventional mower blades.
The Fusion Blade™ is engineered to work with a Fusion Mulching Mower Deck. When combined, these two products will provide you with unsurpassed mulching performance.
- Outstanding Edge Retention – Fusion Blades™ has been tested to hold an edge 5x longer than standard lawnmower blades.
- Enhanced Cutting Performance – The fusion twist and curl design reduce frictional heat build-up along the cutting edge, resulting in minor heat damage and a smoother cut on grass blades! Plus, it reduces resistance for less power consumption!
- Exceptional Strength – High-carbon boron steel has substantially higher tensile strength than other
Best mulching blades for bad boy mower
54-inch mulching blades
The Bad Boy Mowers 54 in. Mulching Blades are designed to be used with the Bad Boy ZT Elite, ZT, and Outlaw XP mowers. These heavy-duty blades are made of a high-performance design and offer superior mulching. The stronger airlift moves more grass into the deck and under the blades to be cut multiple times for finer clippings. The blades feature durable steel construction for long life.
- Replacement blade for 54in Bad Boy Mowers.
- Two blades are required for a complete replacement on your mower, sold individually.
- It is made of Boron steel to provide extended blade life and improved performance.
- 1-1/8in center hole diameter and 3-1/2in cutting length, 21-1/2in overall length.
- Replaces OEM part 038-6000-00.
The Bad Boy Mower 60 in. Mulching Blades Singles help increase the mowing performance of your Bad Boy Mower. They are made to provide consistent cutting performance and are suitable for use with 60 Bad Boy Mowers.
- Heat-treated alloy steel and carbon steel construction.
- It provides a consistent cutting performance.
- Designed for use with 60 in—bad Boy Mowers.
- It helps increase the mowing performance of your Bad Boy Mower
- USA Mower Blades.
USA Mower Blades
The sharpened cutting edge of the mulching blade is designed to cut the grass into finer pieces than regular lawn mower blades. The mulching blade features a greater surface area at the bottom of the blade, and this creates small pockets of air that help to breathe life back into your lawn. Mulching blades are also known as 3-in-1 blades because they can be used to bag clippings, side discharge, or mulch.
All blades are manufactured in the USA and guaranteed to be free of defects and meet or exceed OEM specifications.
- Made from quality steel
- Heat-treated and hardened.
- Precision sharpened blade edge.
- A balanced blade ensures optimum cutting performance and smooth running.
- Compatible with Bad Boy 038-5350-00 038-5350-0050
The task of finding the right mower blade is a tricky one. There are a lot of factors to consider, and your needs as a consumer may vary, depending on where you live and how much experience you have working with mower blades.
With that in mind, we created this guide with two goals: introducing you to some of the best lawn mower blades for bad boy in the market and walking you through what attributes to prioritize when considering which mower blade is best for you. Hopefully, we’ll help you find the right blade for your needs and budget!