As a homeowner, keeping your lawn looking healthy and green is of great importance to you. And with the best ATV broadcast spreader at your disposal, you can improve the soil that your grass and plants are growing in and safeguard them against harmful insects and weed killers.
An ATV broadcast sprayer is a valuable tool for homeowners, farmers, and ranchers to apply pesticides, herbicides, and liquid fertilizers. It covers large areas in the shortest amount of time possible.
Most of these sprayers are designed to be attached to an all-terrain vehicle or lawn tractor but can also be pulled by hand if necessary. They contain a tank that holds anywhere from 25 to over 100 gallons of liquid.
If you are planning to buy a broadcast sprayer, then you have to consider the following factors:
- Ease of use. If you have a large lawn or garden, it will take a long time to finish your fertilizer application. A comfortable sprayer will make it easier and faster. Some models are equipped with large wheels for better mobility. Choose the one that suits your need.
- Materials – The most common materials used in broadcast spreaders are steel, polyethylene, polypropylene, and stainless steel. Steel is the most durable material but also the heaviest and most expensive. Polyethylene and polypropylene are lightweight but not as durable as steel. Stainless steel is resistant to rust, but it can corrode over time from exposure to chemicals in fertilizers and pesticides. It is also heavy and expensive compared to other materials used in the construction of broadcast spreaders.
- Capacity – You should choose a suitable size for your lawn or garden. The capacity of the spreader determines how much fertilizer you can apply per application. If you have a large lawn or garden, you should get a bigger unit to cover more area in less time. If your yard or garden is small, a smaller unit will suffice.
- Accuracy – This is very important because you should be able to control the amount of fertilizers you will use. It would be best if it had an adjustable nozzle so that you could control the quantity of fertilizer that comes out every time.
- Coverage – It is important that the sprayer can cover a lot of ground in a short period. This will allow you to finish fertilizing your lawn or garden faster and with less effort.
- Shoulder straps – A good quality broadcast sprayer should have an adjustable shoulder strap for better mobility. It should also have padded straps so as not to make your shoulders hurt while carrying it around.
- Price – You don’t want to spend too much money on this, but at the same time, you don’t want something cheap as well. The best thing for you would probably be somewhere between those two extremes!
- Hopper material – A durable hopper is essential if you intend to use it on rough terrains or even when applying heavy-duty chemicals on your lawn or garden. Polyethylene is the most common material used for the hoppers of broadcast sprayers because of its durability and affordable price tag.
ATV sprayers come in a range of models to suit any budget and need. To make sure you buy the right one, let’s look at some of the best ATV broadcast sprayers reviews and then determine which one would be the top choice.
NorthStar Spot Sprayer
NorthStar Broadcast and Spot Sprayer is a versatile sprayer that can broadcast or spot spray. It’s perfect for large lawns, farms, estates, and golf courses. Plus, it comes with a commercial-grade NorthStar pump for long life and easy servicing.
- NorthStar Broadcast and Spot Sprayer are perfect for estates, small farms, lawn services, and golf courses.
- Spray at pressures up to 60 PSI and get a 25ft. maximum horizontal spray and a 29ft. maximum vertical spray
- Pumps developed for commercial use, such as the NorthStar pump are designed to run dry without damage.
- The 12V DC motor draws only 11 Amps and plugs into your vehicle’s cigarette lighter.
- Pump features an exclusive easy start system that reduces the amount of effort required to pull-start the engine by 50%
- The hose reel with an adjustable guide arm allows convenient storage of the included 50ft. hose.
- Reinforced PVC frame cover provides maximum durability in any weather conditions.
- It’s easy to use, and the results are almost instant.
- The sprayer is very well made and should last you a long time.
- The sprayer is sturdy and chemical resistant.
- You need to buy a battery separately.
NorthStar Trailer Broadcast and Spot Sprayer
This broadcast Sprayer is not only built to last; it makes spraying effortless. The boomless sprayers use integrated nozzle caps that produce an 80-inch—Spray swath. A premium 12V pump with quick-connect alligator clips delivers up to 7 GPM. Includes adjustable spray gun, 15ft. of 3/8in. Hose and 18in. Handgun wand for spot spraying with included 20in. Flexible wand extension for hard-to-reach areas!
- 100% continuous welded 1 1/4in. Steel frame.
- The high-performance NorthStar pump is engineered specifically for use on trailers for dependability — it sprays up to 5 hours on a single charge.
- Powder coat finish increases durability in rugged environments.
- Boomless nozzles feature integrated nozzle caps that produce an 80in. spray swath
- A heavy-duty molded polyethylene tank with extra-thick walls stands up to chemicals.
- Tank features gallon callouts molded into the tank and a drain plug for easy emptying.
- Easy operating handgun with adjustable brass cone pattern tip.
- Large 14in. Pneumatic tires roll easily over rough terrain.
- Adjustable boom width, spray height, and gun reach.
- Easy to hook up.
- Easy to clean.
- The powder-coated steel frame is built for years of service.
- Some weeds may need a second pass to get full coverage.
NorthStar ATV Broadcast and Spot Sprayer
The NorthStar® Broadcast and Spot Sprayer has a 12V diaphragm pump, a dependable electric clutch, a corrosion-resistant polyethylene tank, and a 21-foot reach. Hose with adjustable pattern broadcast nozzle and 18-in. handgun wand with a flexible tip. The compact size allows for easy mounting on ATVs and the back of UTVs. Includes a 7-amp charge controller to protect the battery from overcharging during long spraying applications.
- Delivers superior performance with a 12V electric pump that works at up to 2.2 GPM.
- The NorthStar boomless broadcast sprayer features an innovative boomless nozzle that creates a large 95in. Swath in one pass to cover more ground in less time.
- Deluxe hand wand assembly has a foam marker, adjustable brass spray tip, 30ft. of 3/8in. Hose and a heavy-duty pistol grip trigger for effortless spraying at any angle.
- Nozzle control lets you change the spray width from 45 to 95in., the flow rate from 0–4 GPM, and the pressure from 0–60 PSI for maximum control over your application.
- Easy to assemble
- Works great
- Nozzle can crack
NorthStar High Flow ATV Broadcast and Spot Sprayer
The NorthStar® High Flow Spot Sprayer makes controlling weeds, insects, and diseases easy. It has a commercial-grade NorthStar pump that allows for easier priming, improved durability, and resistance to severe conditions and corrosive chemicals.
- The fully adjustable pressure regulator is calibrated in PSI and Bar, and the built-in sight gauge lets you monitor fluid levels at a glance.
- Hose wrap with molded slots for wand storage keeps your hose out of the way for easy access to pump and tank features. Fits up to 200′ of 3/8″ hose or 150′ of 1/2″ hose.
- Included rewindable 12V reel has an adjustable drag brake and wide-track rubber wheels to handle any terrain, while the 36″L deluxe pistol grip wand gives you extended reach.
- Deluxe boomless nozzle kit includes one each of the following nozzles: 0°, 25°, 40°, and 65° fan, as well as two adjustable brass nozzles that can be set to produce spray patterns from 0° to 360° in 45° increments. Nozzle tips are nylon polymer construction with stainless steel inserts.
- Easy to use and easy to set up.
- Pumps water fast.
- Sprays well.
- Has three settings, low, medium, and high pressure.
- The spray trigger is made of plastic, so be careful not to drop or hit it against something too hard, or it can break.
NorthStar Broadcast and Spot Sprayer
When using herbicides and insecticides, pinpoint accuracy is the key to efficiency. This NorthStar Tow-Behind Trailer and Spot Sprayer give you the ability to do precise spot spraying and wide-coverage spraying.
- The boom features three nozzles in a triangular pattern for even coverage when spraying large areas.
- Manifold has two 1/2in. GHT spray outlets for making individual spot applications
- Dual-action piston pump provides up to 4 GPM at 300 PSI for fast liquid herbicides and pesticides applications.
- Compatible With herbicides, insecticides, liquid fertilizers
- The boom sprayer is very well built, and the tank is rugged.
- The pump and wiring are of good quality.
- The connection points to the tractor are secure and easy to use.
- Customer service at the manufacturer was not that responsive, or helpful.
Best for backyards
Master MFG Over-the-Tailgate Spot and Broadcast Sprayer
Master MFG Spot and Broadcast Sprayer is an excellent choice for applying insecticides, weed killers, fungicides, and liquid fertilizers. This 60-gallon sprayer features a 12V diaphragm pump that delivers up to 2.2 GPM at 60 PSI, providing the necessary power for longer hose lengths.
- Adjustable spray pattern from fine mist to coarse stream.
- Extra-thick polyethylene tank is UV resistant and translucent for easy fluid level checking.
- A commercial-grade spray gun delivers full-width spraying.
- Large nozzles easily handle thick liquids.
- A heavy-duty 12V pump has a built-in bypass for even chemical distribution.
- Articulated hitch adjusts to fit full-size or midsize trucks.
- Pressure regulator maintains consistent pressure, regardless of engine speed.
- A rugged poly skid base provides stability on uneven ground.
- Works well, Good value, Strong pump and motor, Easy to Use, Effective.
- Nozzle needs to be replaced frequently.
NorthStar Boom Broadcast
The NorthStar Broadcast gives you the ability to do both precision and wide-coverage spraying. It provides easier priming, exceptional durability, and superior resistance to harsh environments and corrosive chemicals.
- A heavy-duty, corrosion-resistant polyethylene tank features extra-thick walls that won’t bulge or sag when full.
- 25ft.L x 1/2in. diameter high-pressure hose with quick connect
- 12V DC commercial-grade NorthStar pump provides easier priming, exceptional durability, and superior resistance to harsh environments and corrosive chemicals
- Two outlet boom assembly has a 15-ft.L spray coverage area for wide spraying widths; easily cut down to size in 5in. increments
- Boomless nozzle sprays up to 25ft. wide for coverage of large areas.
- The pump is really easy to access and remove.
- The on/off switch is easy to use and in a convenient location.
- The spray pattern selector is easy to use, and changes the spray pattern without having to stop and change tips.
- Short hose.
Precision Products TCS25 Spot Sprayer
The 12-volt model is also equipped with a corrosion-resistant, 1.2 GPM Everflo pump that delivers up to 60 PSI of spraying power and a deluxe handgun with a 15-foot spray hose, adjustable nozzle tip and in-line filter for easy, clog-free operation. The system features a 25-gallon tank with a lofive five 1/2-inch profile for easy mounting on ATVs or other utility vehicles as well as lawn and garden tractors. Its 3/4-inch drain plug makes emptying the tank a snap.
- 25 gallon UV resistant tank (tank is translucent white, so the liquid level is visible).
- Spray gun holder.
- Pressure gauge to monitor system pressure.
- Integrated battery meter for quick reference of remaining battery power.
- Easy access tank drain.
- Removable lid.
- Consistent spray pattern.
- Works with a variety of chemicals and sprays.
- Easy to clean and low maintenance.
- The pump is easy to replace/fix if it breaks down.
- The tank cracks easily.
- The spray wand is short and awkward to use.
- The pump pulley is too small – the pump runs at high speed, which can damage it.
Ironton ATV Spot Sprayer
This Ironton® ATV Spot Sprayer is ideal for applying insecticides and herbicides and transporting and using cleaning solutions. The 12-volt diaphragm pump generates 60 PSI and a maximum flow of 1 GPM. Includes a wired remote control with 15ft. cord, so you can engage the sprayer from the seat of your ATV.
- 8-gallon tank has a 5 1/2in. opening for fast filling and cleaning
- 1 GPM on-demand pump provides plenty of power to spray liquid insecticides, weed killers, and other lawn care products
- 25-foot spray hose with adjustable nozzle reaches the far corners of your yard with ease
- Heavy-duty 12V, 4.5 amp sealed lead acid battery provides longer life than typical acid batteries and is maintenance-free.
- The battery is rechargeable and can be charged from a vehicle’s 12V power.
- Innovative spot sprayer design allows you to switch out the pump with a tow hitch for quick installation on most ATVs
- Easy to assemble. Just attach the spray wand and hose to the tank, attach the battery leads and add liquid to the tank.
- The pump works well. Intense enough pressure for spraying a fine mist of herbicide, washes down easily with water.
- It has a very nice pressure gauge which is accurate and easy to read even in daylight. A simple way to tell if your pump needs replacement or repair is to check it when you turn on the pump. If it reads zero, your pump needs replacing or servicing.
- The plastic tank is thick enough to be durable yet lightweight so that it can be carried by hand or put in the back of a pickup bed or trailer and not damage anything on rough roads.
- The spray wand works well. Easy to adjust from fine mist to wide stream and back again while spraying weeds along fence lines, etc.
- Battery leads are long enough to reach from the tank mounted under a pickup box cover directly to the battery located in front of the gas tank in my truck.
- The mount for the battery leads was too small for the terminals.
Suppose you’re considering purchasing an ATV Broadcast Sprayer. In that case, you probably want to save time and effort when spraying your fields, trees, or lawns with chemical fertilizers, herbicides, pesticides, or other chemicals.
And if saving money is also a concern, you might be thinking about purchasing one of these machines for the same reason. The good news is that owning and operating an ATV sprayer does save farmers time, money, and effort – the three things that are important to any farmer in today’s world. With this article, we hope to have provided you with the best ATV broadcast sprayer reviews and what to consider when evaluating which sprayer is best suited to your needs.